It’s cold!:)lol so….Yes it’s a soup night again!:)
Tonight’s Roman Egg Drop Soup – Stracciatella alla Romana, tonight I made it without spinach…which I sometimes prefer….
Stracciatella means “”little shreds”” or “little rags” and it refers to the strands of cooked egg that form from the method of cooking…the whisking and when the soup is swirled…
- 6 cups or so of chicken broth (reduced-sodium preferably)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated cheese (like Parmigiano-Reggiano, or Asiago) and a bit more for serving at the table….
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf Parsley
- 2 tablepoons chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach leaves, cut in thin strips(optional)
- Orzo, Pastina, Stelline or other small pasta (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few red pepper flakes…
I will have my versison of this wonderful classic soup with a full detailed recipe in my upcoming cookbook!:)
Hope you all had a great start to the new week!
Thank you for reading…
Please leave a comment…share your thoughts and ideas…”Like”, “Tweet” +1 and share, etc…etc…and remember to follow or subscribe to my blog on Posterous or on Blogspot to keep in touch and to stay updated on happenings….thank you!:)
Show your support…Pick up a high quality digital download of my CD…”The Godsend Sessions”…